Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter- October 2016

Welcome to the Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter. This newsletter will keep you informed of product updates and community news and events.

Community News

I was excited to meet many of you at the IAEM UCC Symposium in Savannah, GA this past weekend. It was an informative and inspiring program. Kudos to the University of Miami and Stanford University on their presentations. I will also be present at Educause in Anaheim, California next week. If you are attending please say hello.

Product Updates

Migration Status

We need everyone to complete their migration in the very near future as the legacy system will be permanently shut down on 12/16/16. Let me repeat:

LEGACY READY WILL BE PERMANENTLY TURNED OFF ON 12/16/2016

After that date, you will not be able to access data in the legacy system and neither will any Kuali employee. Please give yourself enough time to migrate, test, train and transition your institution BEFORE that date.

Please let me know if you have questions about the migration process or need support. It is EASY, I promise. You can find all of the migration resources at the Kuali Ready Admin Solutions Website.

TLSv1.0 Deprecation

Kuali is no longer going to support TLS1.0 (TLS stands for Transport Layer Security) as of January 3, 2017. This is the protocol that secures your connection to us. What does this mean for Ready users? It means you and your users need to be on a browser that has been updated within the last 2 years to support a more recent TLS standard. We don't currently have any evidence of Ready users using browsers that support the old protocol but I wanted all Ready users to be aware of this change that the company is making at large. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Works in Progress

What insights do you wish you could get from the Ready system? What information would help make you even more successful at your job? If you could fill out this easy, 2 question survey with your thoughts I would be very grateful.

Upcoming Events

Educause Annual ConferenceOctober 25-28, Anaheim, CA
Kuali Days 2016November 14-17, San Diego, CA

Alerting Anxiety - A Campus Notification ExerciseDecember 15, 2016

To submit product suggestions use the Kuali Ready Help Forum here. To submit support requests, please contact ready-help@kuali.co.

Thank you!

Becky Higgins

Ready Product Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment