Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter- August 2016

Welcome to the Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter. This newsletter will keep you informed of product updates and community news and events.

Community News

Kuali Days is 91 days away! If you plan to attend please register here by August 26th. You can still get $100 off the price by registering early.

Product Updates

Migration status: We have had 7 institutions migrate over the last month but we need more! The goal is to have all institutions migrated to Ready by September. I am here to help you so please let me know if you have questions about the migration process or need support. It is EASY, I promise. You can find all of the migration resources at the Kuali Ready Admin Solutions Website. If we haven't talked already, you will be hearing from me or Tony Benjamins in the next few weeks to determine a migration target date for your institution.

Migration redirect: If you would like us to put in a redirect link from the legacy Ready product to the current Ready product we can do that for you. Create a ticket at ready-help@kuali.co and we will get that scheduled. 

Migration for direct authentication users: We are unable to migrate a user's password (for security purposes) when they migrate from the legacy app to the new Ready. This means that when a user logs in to the new Ready for the FIRST time, they will be prompted with this message: 

They will then be sent an email prompting them to finish their transition to the new system. 

The unique link within the email will take them to this screen where they can set a new password.

Once they have created a new password they can log in as usual from then on. We hope that this makes that transition as smooth and deliberate as possible for your users. 

Unsaved progress: We have updated the banner you see when you try to navigate away from a page with changes. Now it matches our design specifications and appears in the app itself rather than from the browser. Much better!

Works in Progress

All Ready users are now using the new reports engine; however, we identified a problem with those reports late Friday afternoon and we took the feature down over the weekend to work on a resolution. You will see your instance come back online over the next two days. All institutions should have their reports back online by EOD Wednesday 8/17. If you have an immediate need to get a report, please email me at ready-help@kuali.co. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Have report ideas? Please share your ideas in the Product Suggestions Forum or email the help desk at ready-help@kuali.co. I already have a few suggestions but look forward to hearing your feedback and making some new reports to help make your job easier!

Upcoming Events

URMIA Annual Conference, September 17-21, San Diego, CA

IAEM Universities & Colleges Caucus Symposium, October 15-16, Savannah, GA

Kuali Days 2016November 14-17, San Diego, CA

Thank you!

Becky Higgins

Login or Signup to post a comment