Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter- July 2016

Welcome to the Kuali Ready Admin Newsletter. This newsletter will keep you informed of product updates and community news and events.

Community News

We will be hosting a webinar to go over the new design features of Ready on Thursday, July 14th, 2016 at 10am PST/11am MST/12pm CST/1pm EST. Please register for this webinar HEREAfter registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. 

Product Updates

As you may have heard, the redesign is live and you are again able to migrate from the legacy system. All institutions should be migrated to Ready by September of this year. I am here to help you in any way so please let me know if you have questions about the migration process. You can find ALL of the redesign and migration resources at the Kuali Ready Admin Solutions Website.

System Viewer, Plan Editor: Do you have a person with a system viewer role that needs to edit one or more plans? You can now mix those two roles! Simply add a system viewer as a plan editor to a plan using the Manage Plan Access page within the Plan Details section of a plan. The system viewer will then see the Edit access for any plan they have plan editor rights for.

Deleting Users: When you manually delete a user from the system (from the Users screen with in Administration) they will now get a Not Authorized message when they attempt to log back in to Ready. If the user then requests a new password, the system will allow that but the user will STILL get the Not Authorized message and will be unable to access any content. If you choose to add the user BACK, you will now get the Add Existing User screen and you can again select the user's role.

Guidance: Did you know that in the new design you can choose to hide or show the guidance content? This provides you with extra screen space if you no longer need the supporting information. This selection will also persist while you are navigating within a plan.

Works in Progress

All Ready users are now using the new reports engine. I am working on some documentation to help you learn more about how to use these new reports but we are also looking for feedback on whether these reports meet your needs. Please let me know of your report ideas in the Product Suggestions Forum or by emailing the help desk at ready-help@kuali.co. I already have a few suggestions but look forward to hearing your feedback and making some new reports to help make your job easier!

Upcoming Events

URMIA Annual Conference, September 17-21, San Diego, CA

IAEM Universities & Colleges Caucus Symposium, October 15-16, Savannah, GA

Kuali Days 2016November 14-17, San Diego, CA

To submit product suggestions use the Kuali Ready Help Forum here. To submit support requests, please contact ready-help@kuali.co.

Thank you!

Becky Higgins

Ready Product Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment